Joel Gott Wines Gott 12 Celebrates Dads

A special celebration calls for a special wine.  And celebrating fatherhood is a big deal–so we did it with gusto!
We had one beer-brewing dad with his magical, tender-hearted daughter.

And another dad–spirit-seeker, master-builder, with his whirling-dervish, delicate-soul daughter.

Of course there were grilled steaks, because, men.

I made a spring salad from a favorite blog, Green Kitchen Stories, that was just as flavor-packed as it was gorgeous. The Spring Celebration Salad combined everything from the spring Farmer’s Market–peas, potatoes, asparagus, spring onions and fresh herbs and topped it with a sweet, buttery vinaigrette.

The wine needed to be bold and strong, yet open and giving.   A lot like the dads on hand.

Winemaker Joel Gott creates this wine using 93% Cabernet Sauvignon and a bit of Merlot and Malbec to round it out.  The grapes are sourced from three regions within Napa, each bringing a unique character and creating complexity.  This wine sees lots of oak with 70% in new French oak barrels and the remaining 30% in one-year-old French barrels.  After 20 months in barrels the wine ages an additional one year in the bottle before its release.

HERE IS THE WOW!
I decanted this wine before drinking to allow it to open and soften.

Aromas fill the room once poured into glasses.  Gobs of dark fruit–black cherry, dark plum, and blackberry–mingle with dried fruit notes and earthy tobacco, leather and cedar.
The palate brings more ripe fruit with black cherry and plum.  More earthy tobacco leaf and leather notes, even mocha, emerge mid-palate in a thick, dense texture.  Spices and soft tannins wrap up the long, juicy finish.

The bold presence of the Gott 12 was a perfect match with the well-seared, grilled steaks.

We raised our glasses of legendary wine to great fathers and their dazzling children!

I raised my glass to my Dad, long gone now. But somewhere I am sure he raised a glass of something wonderful right along with me!

THIS WINE IS A WOW! FOR:
Special celebrations!;
Pouring alongside a thick, juicy steak;
A wine drinker who enjoys the Napa style of ripe fruit with a bold character and a welcoming palate.

About the author: Sue Navratil

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.Email address is required.